Makes glaze for 1 whole ham to serve up to 40 people.
1 whole (8-9kg) smoked ham, cooked on the bone
1 cup or
¾ cup sugar
2 Tbsp or
Preheat oven to 180°C. Remove the skin from ham and with a sharp knife, score the fat in a diamond pattern. Place ham in a large oven pan and surround with verjuice.
Mix all glaze ingredients together and thickly smear over scored fat. Place in the oven and bake for 1 hour, basting at regular intervals until glaze has caramelised to a golden brown.
Sliced ham can be served hot or cold, accompanied by
Some tips for storing your ham...
- Can be stored in the fridge for up to 2 weeks.
- Cover sliced meat securely with a clean, damp tea towel or piece of muslin, rinsing the cloth every day to keep it moist.
- Place ham in the coldest part of the fridge.
- Do not cover with plastic wrap, as this will cause the ham to sweat and deteriorate more quickly.
- Ham can be frozen (for up to 3 months), wrapped in paper and then securely in foil, however some moisture will be lost on thawing.
Please confirm that
you are 18 years or over.
If you're under 18 we can't
allow you to purchase alcohol.