Anchovies make an excellent addition to, especially for dressing Caesar salads (alternatively, add some whole fillets to the salad).
- Make a pissaladiere- a Niçoise pastry tart – by rolling out puff pastry to about 7mm thick, covering with caramelized onions, and anchovies then baking in a hot oven till puffed and brown.
- Flavour softened butter with chopped anchovies and lemon juice. Roll in tin foil and chill until firm. Remove foil and slice. Serve with grilled vegetables, fish or lamb dishes.
- Make a puttanesca sauce by cooking anchovies with onions and garlic then add diced chillies, tomatoes, , and oregano. Simmer until thick. Serve over .
- A simple anchovy dressing is made by whisking together finely chopped anchovies, Spanish onion, , , , Italian flat-leaf parsley and salt and pepper. Delicious on a simple green salad.
- The addition of a few chopped anchovies to the base of a seafood risotto or soup gives an extra depth of flavour.
- A tapenade is made by mixing together finely chopped , garlic, chilli, parsley, a few anchovy fillets and . Smear on or use as a topping for grilled fish or lamb.
Please confirm that
you are 18 years or over.
If you're under 18 we can't
allow you to purchase alcohol.