Harissa is a fiery paste used as a flavour enhancer in many North African recipes and may vary from country to country and family to family. This version is more complex than some and contains the addition of spices. Use sparingly or according to taste remembering that this is a chilli based condiment.
Refrigerate after opening covered with a thin layer of oil. Stored in this way JLC Harissashould last for at least 6 months.
- To create a spicy seafood stew: heat fish stock, , and JLC Harissa to taste and add a mixture of fresh seafood to poach.
- Stir JLC Harissa (according to taste) and through cooked and serve hot as a side dish or cold as a salad.
- Add 1 tsp JLC Harissa or more as required to simple vinaigrettes to give a hot and spicy flavour.
- Add 1 tsp JLC Harissa or more according to taste to a simple broth or to hearty soups such as those based on , or .
- Mix 1 Tbsp JLC Harissa with and use to dress baby new potato or pasta salads.
- Rub JLC Harissa into chicken or salmon and bake. Use in a salad with the diced rind of , rocket, roasted capsicum and potato.
- Add 1 tsp JLC Harissa or more if you like it hot to classic meat marinades and marinate as usual.
- Add 1 Tbsp JLC Harissa to your favourite Sabato pasta sauce pour over chicken pieces and bake for 30 minutes to make a simple Middle Eastern inspired chicken dish. Serve sprinkled with lots of chopped fresh coriander.
- Add a little JLC Harissa to a risotto to increase the heat. Especially good with seafood, tomato or pumpkin versions - this is fusion but it does work well.
- Serve on the side as an accompaniment to tagines and other casseroles or dishes.
Please confirm that
you are 18 years or over.
If you're under 18 we can't
allow you to purchase alcohol.