Girolomoni Lentils ~ ideas
Delicious little green lentils with a difference. Organically-grown. No soaking or sorting needed. Bring to the boil in 3 times the amount of water or stock toand simmer for 20-25 minutes.
- Add some whole peeled garlic cloves, a bay leaf, carrot and onion to the cooking water.
- Add to winter braises as they simmer and cook with them.
- Cook some onion until soft in , add chopped basil and cooked . Serve with sausages.
- Try dressed with or and or .
- Delicious in vegetable soups or under fish.
- Fry some pancetta or other meat and add to the cooked Girolomoni organic lentils.
- Stew some red onion or shallot in and then stir through the cooked - top with some .
- Cook the and add your favourite . Toss in sliced cooked meat.
- Combine with vegetables roasted in .
- Substitute some of the cooking water with red wine or and add an onion, clove and some fresh herbs such as thyme.
- Sear a Mahy Farms whole organic chicken in a casserole pot, remove and add and stew onions or leeks and celery and garlic - put back chicken, add lentils, stock and/or wine, season and cover - cook over a low heat till done.
Please confirm that
you are 18 years or over.
If you're under 18 we can't
allow you to purchase alcohol.