Join Our Team
We are interested in employing people who are enthusiastic, hard working, energetic and passionate about good food. From time to time we require new people to join the Sabato team and will post details of positions available below.
To apply for any of the roles listed take the time to produce a cover letter that reflects who you are and why you want the position.
Marketing & Communications Coordinator
We are currently seeking a skilled Marketing and Communications Coordinator with a passion for food and some marketing experience. The purpose of this varied role is to ensure brand alignment and market appeal at a level that continues to build and promote the quality experience that Sabato is known for.
This is the perfect role for someone who has a genuine enthusiasm for fine food and a desire to be around like-minded people. The role would suit someone with marketing and communications experience who wants to apply their skills in a boutique, but sizable New Zealand owned business. We offer a great team atmosphere and working environment, and generous staff discounts.
In consultation with our Brand Manager, you will be responsible for the development, delivery and maintenance of all communications. No two days will be the same; this is a diverse role, developing and producing content for all promotional material and activities, writing copy for print and social media, website management, catalogue development, product and food photography, product launches and e-newsletters. You will be efficient, energetic, highly adaptable and confident juggling multiple projects.
The role is based in our Mt Eden office, and is a permanent salaried role with standard office hours from Monday to Friday; however, the nature of the role requires some flexibility around being available for events and other ad hoc requirements.
Your key responsibilities would include:
- Creating and coordinating promotional material and activities
- Producing and distributing regular EDMs in conjunction with our Brand Manager
- Social media management and content creation
- Website content management and reporting to maximise both sales and brand awareness
- Creating product sheets and assisting with our annual catalogue
- Product and recipe photography
- Coordinating cooking classes and supporting trade and retail events
- Networking to develop and maintain strong relationships with food writers, advertisers and key contacts in the food industry
- Ensuring consistency of all marketing material and communications to Sabato brand guidelines
Your background, experience and attributes will include:
- A genuine 'foodie'
- A minimum two years of previous marketing experience
- A strong work ethic and attention to detail, with the ability to work to deadlines, and to brand guidelines, with minimal supervision
- An understanding of Google Analytics and social media
- Photography experience
- Experience managing a Shopify website and using Klaviyo would be an advantage
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills that will enhance the Sabato brand values
- Strong computer skills with Adobe Creative Suite, including Photoshop and Lightroom (InDesign a bonus) to create promotional content according to brand guidelines
- The ability to cheerfully juggle multiple priorities and work effectively both autonomously and as part of a team.
If this sounds like you, please apply through Seek (using the 'FIND OUT MORE' link below), and along with your CV, please send a personalised cover letter detailing why the position and company are of interest and what you would bring to the role.
National Account Manager - Supermarkets & Retail
Sabato is an innovative, specialist food business who import, distribute and retail food products of outstanding quality.
As a National Account Manager, you will be responsible for liaising with our retail and supermarket customers - actively visiting and selling to them and prospecting for new business. You will report to, and provide sales information as required to, our General Manager.
This is a full-time position, working 8:00am to 4:30pm Monday to Friday, although some flexibility with hours may be required on occasion. While you will be based in Auckland, travel nationwide will be expected to visit key accounts. We offer a great team atmosphere and working environment, and generous staff discounts.
Your key responsibilities and tasks will include:
- Working closely with the General Manager and Trade Sales Administrator to maintain excellent working relationships with key retail and supermarket customers and to build sales
- Prospecting for new business
- Updating and maintaining the retail customer database
- Reporting on key accounts
- Forecasting of customers' product requirements and liaising with the Purchasing Manager with regard to order quantities
- Organising, participating and presenting at industry events
- Schedule promotions through the Foodstuffs Portal and direct to retail trade customers
- Organise in-store tastings
- Present new products and advise changes to Foodstuffs category managers and all other retail trade customers
- Organise, sell and collate Easter and Christmas indent orders
Your background, experience and attributes will include:
- Experience with FMCG account management, including Foodstuffs North and South Island, Retail chain and independent retailers
- Excellent time management skills and the ability to prioritise and multi-task
- Strategic planning, goal setting, call cycle and travel planning - nationwide
- Ability to work with cross-functioning teams
- Previous sales experience working with premium products
- A desire to proactively drive sales, achieve and exceed targetsExcellent verbal and written English and communication skills
- A passion, thorough knowledge and regular usage of gourmet food
- A strong work ethic and attention to detail, with the ability to work to deadlines with minimal supervision
- A full, clean driver's licence
- Eligibility to work in NZ
If this sounds like you, please apply through Seek (using the 'FIND OUT MORE' link below), and along with your CV, please send a personalised cover letter detailing why the position and company are of interest and what you would bring to the role.Find Out More