Join Our Team
We are interested in employing people who are enthusiastic, hard working, energetic and passionate about good food. From time to time we require new people to join the Sabato team and will post details of positions available below.
To apply for any of the roles listed take the time to produce a cover letter that reflects who you are and why you want the position. Attach your CV and email it to email@example.com.
Kitchen Hand - Production Kitchen
A position exists for a full time Kitchen Hand to work in our commercial kitchen.
The successful candidate will have experience in a kitchen or food production environment where speed, quality and consistency are paramount. We pride ourselves in the quality of our products and are looking to appoint a candidate who reflects this within their work.
The position will be predominately in our commercial kitchen, though as a business we operate as a team so there will be cross training and time spent in other areas as required.
Your key responsibilities would include:
• Assisting in the day to day operations of the kitchen
• Helping with all aspects of cooking and food prep
• Following recipes accurately
• Upkeep of cleaning standards as set by your manager
• Packing and labeling Sabato branded products
• Processing and packing of stock
• Quality control and stock rotation
• Lifting and shifting heavy/bulky items regularly
Skills and experience:
• A keen palate alongside a good knowledge of cuisine and cooking
• Experience in a similar position
• An understanding of food safety programmes
• The ability to follow processes while using common sense
• Can work autonomously and as part of a team
• A great attitude and the ability to have fun while working
• Excellent written and verbal English and communication skills
Applicants must be eligible to work in NZ
This permanent role is 5 days a week, working 8:30am – 5pm, Tuesday – Saturday. Some flexibility is required to be available during peak production times.
If this sounds like the job for you and you are looking to be part of a collaborative team, and an organisation that values its people, please send your CV and a covering letter outlining why you are the right candidate for this role to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Trade Sales Administrator
We are looking for a new foodie to join our team in this key role of Trade Sales Administrator. The purpose of the role is to provide strong administrative and sales support to the Trade Sales team and to provide quality customer service that will develop and enhance the Sabato brand. You'll be surrounded by a team of people who have a genuine desire and passion for fine food and are on a mission to continue to build the quality brand and experience Sabato is known for.
To be successful in this role you will be a capable multi-tasker who can prioritise and build relationships with people at all levels. You will be a stickler for accuracy, with excellent attention to detail, have a sound understanding of administration systems and thrive on delivering exceptional results in a fast-paced environment.
The ideal candidate for this role will have a genuine passion for fine food and a desire to be around like-minded people.
The role is based in our Mt Eden office and is a permanent full-time salaried position working 8.00am to 4.30pm from Monday to Friday. We offer a great team atmosphere and working environment and generous staff discounts.
Your key responsibilities and tasks would include:
• Phone and email support for customer service and general sales, making follow-up calls as required
• Processing supermarket and retail trade orders
• Ensuring all trade customers’ administrative requirements are fulfilled, including new product submissions, listing newlines and notification of price and product changes
• Providing administrative and practical support to the ales team
• Creating and sending email-marketing to retail trade and foodservice customers using Klaviyo
• Creating and updating trade pricelists and sales material
• Assisting at trade events and with travel planning
Your background, experience , and attributes will include:
• Knowledge and enjoyment of gourmet food
• A professional, friendly manner and presentation
• Relevant sales administration experience in a business setting
• Strong MS Office suite knowledge (Outlook, Word, Excel), experience with MYOB EXO software and/or Adobe Photoshop would be an advantage
• Excellent verbal and written communication
• A strong work ethic and attention to detail, with the ability to work to deadlines with minimal supervision
• Eligibility to work in NZ
If this sounds like you, along with your CV, send us a personalised cover letter. In this please include why the position and company are of interest and what you would bring to the role. please send applications to: email@example.com.