Join Our Team
We are interested in employing people who are enthusiastic, hard working, energetic and passionate about good food. From time to time we require new people to join the Sabato team and will post details of positions available below.
To apply for any of the roles listed take the time to produce a cover letter that reflects who you are and why you want the position. Attach your CV and email it to email@example.com.
This role would be perfect for a junior chef, kitchenhand or passionate foodie with relevant skills, wanting to get their foot in the door of this exciting industry. The role will offer thorough in-house training in a range of new skills within our small but enthusiastic production kitchen team alongside tutelage from some industry leaders with whom we collaborate.
The position will be predominately in our commercial kitchen, though as a business we operate as a team so there will be cross training and time spent in other areas as required.
Your key responsibilities would include:
• Assisting in the day to day operations of the kitchen
• Helping with all aspects of cooking and food prep
• Following recipes accurately
• Upkeep of cleaning standards as set by your manager
• Packing and labeling Sabato branded products
• Processing and packing of stock
• Quality control and stock rotation
• Lifting and shifting heavy/bulky items regularly
Skills and experience:
• A keen palate alongside a good knowledge of cuisine and cooking
• Minimum 1 year experience in a similar position
• An understanding of food safety programmes
• The ability to follow processes while using common sense
• Can work autonomously and as part of a team
• A great attitude and the ability to have fun while working
• Excellent written and verbal English and communication skills
Applicants must be eligible to work in NZ
This permanent role is 5 days a week, working 8:30am – 5pm, Tuesday – Saturday. Some flexibility is required to be available during peak production times.
If this sounds like the job for you and you are looking to be part of a collaborative team, and an organisation that values its people, please send your CV and a covering letter outlining why you are the right candidate for this role to firstname.lastname@example.org.