How to Use Callipo Nduja...
Callipo nduja (pronounced "en-DOO-ya") is a powerful blend of estate-farmed pork meat and fat (sourced locally from the town of Spilinga), Calabrian chilli peppers, salt and olive oil. The result is a rich, spreadable salami-like paste that delivers a fiery kick. Nduja has a vast array of uses - as a condiment, an ingredient or the main hero! Here are some ideas for making the most of your nduja.
- Add nduja to steamed mussels or barbequed seafood.
- Stir through meatball mixes, Bolognese sauce, braises or paella.
- Warm and dilute nduja with extra virgin olive oil and a splash of Pons sherry vinegar and use as a dressing for steamed or roasted vegetables such as cauliflower, broccoli, green beans or starchy vegetable salads.
- Depending on your personal Scoville scale, stir approximately one tablespoon of nduja into one cup of Sabato egg mayonnaise for a spicy and tangy antipasto dip.
- Stir nduja through La Genuina pasta for a southern Italian style traditional combo, with Salvagno pitted olives, Pinoli pine nuts and Pons capers.
- Stir into grain or rice dishes, or roast with El Navarrico chickpeas.
- Stir nduja into a cheese sauce for extra heat.
- Toss through crispy potatoes and kumara.
- Use nduja as a base or ingredient for your next pizza.