How to Use JLC Capsicum Chilli Jam...
This perfectly balanced combination of capsicum and chilli make this Julie Le Clerc jam and absolute essential for summer. Here are some ideas for you to enjoy this fabulous condiment.
- Heat together ½ cup JLC capsicum chilli jam and 2-3 Tbsp Giusti balsamic. Toss through freshly-cooked brussels sprouts, green beans or blanched asparagus.
- Perfect with homemade sweetcorn fritters.
- Make your favourite meatballs, mini size, and thread them onto long knotted bamboo picks. Drizzle with heated capsicum chilli jam.
- Add chopped fresh coriander and lime juice and use as a dipping sauce for BBQ prawns or skewered chicken.
- Take a packet of Sabato mini savoury pastry cases. Put a heaped teaspoon of crème fraiche or mascarpone in each. Place a scallop on top. Cover with a thin layer of capsicum chilli jam and heat through in the oven at 180ºC for 5 minutes and serve.
- Serve alongside a classic big breakfast.
- Grease medium or large muffin tins. Line with Paneton puff pastry. Fill with a mixture of diced Akaroa salmon and capsicum chilli jam. Season. Place a puff pastry lid on top. Bake at 180ºC for 12-15 minutes.
- Fill a platter, small or large, with freshly-smoked seafood like Akaroa smoked salmon or smoked mussels. Place a bowl of capsicum chilli jam in the centre and serve.