How to Use JLC Moroccan Chutney...
This sweet, flavoursome chutney layers rich tomato and capsicum with typical Moroccan spices. Julie based this chutney on a type of tomato ‘jam’ common in Morocco, usually sweetened with honey and served as part of a mezze.
- Cook lamb the way you like it and serve with JLC Moroccan chutney mixed with Sabato Aioli.
- Season and grill or barbeque chicken thighs. Meanwhile, finely dice an avocado, a just-ripe mango or ½ a prince melon. Sprinkle with freshly squeezed lime and finely chopped mint. Combine with ½ cup JLC Moroccan chutney and serve over the chicken.
- Dredge fish fillets in seasoned Girolomoni ‘00’ flour. Fry in extra virgin olive oil (EVO) until golden brown on both sides. Combine ½ cup Moroccan Chutney, 2 Tbsp EVO, 3 Tbsp Pons or Capirete sherry vinegar, 2 Tbsp Sabato salted capers (rinsed) and 2 Tbsp of currants, and spoon over the fish. Scatter with slivered Marcona almonds and chopped Italian parsley and serve.
- Wonderful in a sandwich made from potato sourdough or pidé with Prosciutto and cheese, finished with crisp cos lettuce or microgreens.
- Delicious served on the side of your favourite frittata or quiche recipe.
- Purée and use as a glaze for poultry or meats before roasting.
- Make gourmet cheese on toast - grill your favourite cheese on thick slices of sourdough and top with a good dollop of Moroccan chutney.