How to Use La Chinata Smoked Paprika...
Of all the producers in the Extremadura region, La Chinata are considered to produce the finest paprika. The peppers are oak-smoked up to two weeks before the milling process begins, when they will be ground for 9 hours between stone cut wheels until they reach the super fine texture that we know so well. There are three varieties of La Chinata smoked paprika, Dulce (sweet), Agridulce (bittersweet) and Picante (spicy). Each variety is made from a different variety of pepper, unique in taste.
- Sweat chopped onions and garlic (you could also add shallots, carrots or capsicum) gently in extra virgin olive oil with La Chinata smoked paprika. Use as a base to start braises, soups, lentils, rice or meat dishes.
- Toss kumara, pumpkin or potato wedges in extra virgin olive oil, salt and La Chinata smoked paprika and bake in a hot oven until golden and crisp.
- In a mortar and pestle combine La Chinata paprika with fresh garlic, oregano and a splash of extra virgin olive oil and Pons sherry vinegar . Use as a marinade for lamb, chicken, fish or pork.
- Use La Chinata smoked paprika in a batter for fish, prawns or squid rings, or dust before serving.
- Add La Chinata smoked paprika to Sabato aioli or salad dressings for a smoky flavour.
- Mix a few spoonfuls of La Chinata smoked paprika with a little extra virgin olive oil and lemon and rub all over and inside a whole duck or chicken. Leave for one hour before roasting.
- Liven up your macaroni or cauliflower cheese by adding a spoonful of La Chinata smoked paprika to the béchamel.
- Elevate cheese scones by mixing La Chinata smoked paprika in with the flour.