How to Use JLC Arabian Date Chutney...
Inspired by Julie’s Syrian ancestry and travels in the Middle East this chutney captures all the flavour, sticky texture and goodness of dates, beautifully balanced with apple, fragrant Middle Eastern spices and fresh ginger.
- The perfect accompaniment to cheese; enjoy with crostini or fresh bread.
- Split baked Sabato croissants and top with Serrano ham or prosciutto and cheese. Grill until golden brown & serve with JLC Arabian date chutney.
- Mix 2 Tbsp into a classic bread and herb stuffing for a free range roast .
- Blend with extra virgin olive oil (EVO) and Pons sherry vinegar to make a dressing for a Quisardegna fregola salad.
- Serve with Sabato blue cheese tarts or your favourite Sabato pie.
- A great condiment to accompany steak or sausages, hot off the barbecue, or Gameford Lodge duck breast.
- Add 2 Tbsp to a lamb, chicken or chickpea tagine to add depth of flavour and sweetness.
- Serve as part of a mezze platter with olives, feta, dips, salami & Line's knaekbrod crackers.
- Dollop on top of grilled halloumi and serve with a rocket salad, drizzled with Pons Clementine infused EVO.
- Spread soft goat's cheese or feta on Sabato crostini and top with spoonfuls of Arabian date chutney. Drizzle with lemon infused EVO and sprinkle with chopped fresh mint.