Sabato Pancake Platter
Makes 12-16 pancakes
For the pancakes
In a bowl, combine flour, buttermilk, egg yolks, baking powder, butter and salt and whisk until smooth.
In a separate bowl, beat egg whites until stiff peaks form. Gently fold egg whites into the batter until combined.
Melt some butter in a small skillet on low-medium heat. Using a ladle, pour batter onto the skillet one ladleful at a time. Allow the pancake to cook on one side until bubbles start to form on the surface. Flip the pancake using a spatula and cook until golden brown. Repeat until all batter is used.
The platter can consist of as many accompaniments as you like! To assemble your platter the Sabato way, use the following:
- Darlington's lemon curd
- Escuminac great harvest maple syrup
- Pedrazzoli smoked pancetta stagionata, grilled until crisp
- Valrhona dark chocolate crunchy pearls
- Fresh strawberries, boysenberries and raspberries
- Bananas, halved
- Peaches, sprinkled with sugar and grilled until caramelised
- Zany Zeus mascarpone or Crème Fraiche
- Lewis Road Creamery butter